Tuesday, August 18, 2009

thank you

sitting in DC hotel room, less than 2 hours from staging (which will likely take all day). With staging being so close and me still needing to shower and get ready to meet my fellow PCVs in a few minutes I will be forced to make this brief, which is not exactly what I am known for. I wanted to thank anyone who I have possibly spoken with, spent time with, or given me any form of encouragement over the years. You have all been incredibly great to me. Sometimes, particularly the first monotonous year after college, I felt like I did not particularly matter to a whole lot of folks. The past 3 months or so has given me much more perspective on just how much encouragement and support I have from everyone around me. I'm sure in the next few months I will get lonely, but its great piece of mind to know how wonderful of a support system I have. I feel that I am not just accountable to the people I will be serving, my Peace Corps bosses/colleges, myself, but also every single person who has wished me the best, encouraged me, given me the time of day, asked questions, or just listened. I can not recall a time in my life where I felt so cared for, its a great feeling, and chances are if you are reading this you have something to do with that. Thank You.
Love,
Nick

3 comments:

  1. :) yay Nick!! Your in my thoughts and I know you'll do great- you've got a good head on your shoulders.

    Let me know if you get very bored, I like that picture you drew in Myers basement...maybe you'll have to do a Marilyn Monroe for me :)
    Looking foward to hearring all about your adventures!

    -angel-

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are ONE OF US and we are one of you too. include me in the supporters and sendinmg you good mom(add-on)karma. know we will take good care of abby and encourage her to pursue the dreams for her and you too! the children you will be instructing are very fortunateou return to us,love, J

    ReplyDelete