hello everyone (all 12 of you)
just wanted to put some pictures up. things here have been incredibly hard but rewarding i am currently in class about 8 hours a day 6 days a week. my host family is incredibly nice to me, and we have indoor bathroom and shower...which is awesome!! peace corps definitely scared me pretty well before we got to our host family's house, so i didn't expect indoor plumbing. my little brother, Norbul, plays the national instrument, the dombra, and is exceptional. Thanks to yours truly he also knows led zeppelin, jumpin jack flash, and bob marley on the dombra. you see the one picture is us playing on our instruments together, which has thus far been my favorite part of kazakhstan. that mountain range in the picture is breathtaking and i have an awesome view from outside of my balcony. these are only a small amount of pics that i have taken but I am in an internet cafe and cant spend all day doing this because it will cost me a fortune. I hope you enjoy. I love you all and miss you more than i ever could have anticipated. Thank you for all of your support, positive encouragement and continued love.
nick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad to hear things are going well & you're positively influencing Norbul. Sorry I missed you before you left. It's nice to see the photos you're putting up! It looks like this is going to be an incredible experience. Don't forget to update this regularly! :)
ReplyDeleteStephanie
Love the pictures, especially the one of you & Norbul playing the instruments. Just keep in mind that your doing something wondeful and such a positive thing that manyyy many of us wouldn't be able to do, your sacrificing your home life and all the compfort with it and experiencing life!! I'm happy for you & proud to know such a person.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the pics & blogging!
-Angel